Blue Mountain Jamaican Coffee – unique, expensive and hard to find.

jamaica blue mountain coffee

Praised by coffee experts everywhere, Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee is grown only at the eastern end of the Island of Jamaica, north of Kingston.

The mountains reach their highest point at the Blue Mountain Peak, rising 7,402 feet above sea level. This high altitude along with cool, misty weather results in the coffee beans taking longer to mature – up to 10 months from bloom to harvest...twice as long as most growing regions.

Whether it’s the altitude, the weather, the soil or a combination of all three, Blue Mountain Jamaica coffee has a unique taste and is coveted by true coffee lovers.

You may want some Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee...but can you find any for sale?

It’s harder than you think. The harvest is not very large, and 90% of the crop is sold to Japan and Europe. That leaves a measly 10% for all of North America.

As a result, genuine Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee costs about $40 a pound and is often unavailable.

What’s all the fuss about? Here’s what renowned coffee aficionado John DeBartolo has to say about them.

"Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is extremely mellow, sweet tasting and very aromatic. The subtle balance of flavor and aroma makes it a delightful brew – it is definitely worth the few extra dollars for your next well-deserved change."

Beware the imitations...

Because of its high price and scarcity, people will often try to sell you beans which are not 100% Blue Mountain Jamaican. It’s likely the most copied and mislabeled coffee in the world.

Thousands of people think they are buying the real thing, but end up buying blends with little or no Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee included.

There are a few things to watch for.

First, make sure the package is marked 100% Blue Mountain Jamaican Coffee. Also, look for text or a logo that says the beans are certified by the Jamaican Coffee Industry Board.

Finally, always buy a reputable brand, like Wallenford Blue.

Happy hunting!

Of course, if you are in Jamaica...

You can just watch out for one of these simple roadside cafes, and walk in for a fresh cup of Blue Mountain coffee!

roadside cafe with blue mountain coffee sign


More about Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee:

Read about my visit to the Blue Mountains of Jamaica...

Why Jamaica’s Blue Mountain Coffee is so good, and why it costs more.

Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee – from seed to harvest.

Processing coffee in Jamaica’s Blue Mountains.

About the author: Nick Usborne, aka Coffee Detective, is a writer and long-time coffee enthusiast. Read more…

health benefits of coffee

This 9-page report tells you about some of the surprising, and important health benefits of drinking coffee.

This report is yours FREE when you sign up for the Coffee Detective Newsletter

"The Health Benefits of
Drinking Coffee"

Sign up below and we'll provide a link where you can download your report immediately.

Email

Name

Then

Your e-mail address is totally secure, and will be used only to send you The Coffee Detective Newsletter.







What's new...

  1. How can I cool my coffee down quickly?

    QUESTION: I make myself a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes don’t have time to drink it all before I have to run ut the door to catch my bus.

    Read More

  2. Has McDonalds McCafe coffee changed?

    QUESTION: My wife and I used Folgers for years then the taste changed. We tried several other with the same results and we're always less than satisfied.

    Read More

  3. Coffee accessories – travel mugs, coffee scoops and more.

    Enjoy your gourmet coffee more with a range of coffee accessories like travel mugs, coffee scoops and more.

    Read More

  4. The story of a mom, two young children, an airplane and an excellent travel mug.

    The great thing about the Contigo travel mug is that it not only keeps coffee hot for hours, but is also spill-proof.

    Read More




The Best Coffee Blogs of 2016 by Market Inspector