Is coffee bad for you?
by Joyce T.
My new boyfriend is a bit of a fitness freak and tells me that drinking coffee is bad for my health. I love coffee and think and hope he is wrong. What's the verdict?ANSWER:
Coffee is not bad for you. There was a lot of ill-informed talk on the subject about twenty years ago, but tons of recent medical studies support the view that coffee has numerous health benefits.
In fact, if someone launched a totally new beverage with all the healthy attributes coffee has, it would be applauded as a miracle health drink!
Here is a very short rundown of some of the health benefits of drinking coffee:
* Coffee can prevent Alzheimer's disease.
* Coffee reduces the risk of developing liver cancer.
* Coffee protects against liver disease.
* Coffee protects you against skin cancer.
* Caffeine protects the elderly from heart disease.
* Coffee can increase your brain power.
* Coffee can reduce muscle pain after working out.
We have more information about this on our page about how coffee benefits your health