Coffee clubs have been around for quite some time, and certainly offer some useful benefits.
Here’s how it works:
You sign up, and usually get some kind of gift as a thank you. You then choose the coffees you like, set the frequency for your home deliveries, hand over your credit card information...and that’s just about it.
It’s a great idea if the amount of coffee you consume each month is fairly constant.
And even if it isn’t, most coffee clubs allow you to change the frequency of deliveries at any time.
They will also allow you to change your choice of coffees. So just because you selected a particular coffee or group of coffees for one month, doesn’t mean you can’t change it for the next.
How do you choose which coffee club to join?
Our advice is to first of all make sure you going to be able to choose from a broad selection of quality gourmet coffees.
In other words, first choose the coffee roaster or store, and then sign up for their club.
Based on their wide choice of quality coffees, and some decent member benefits, there are two home delivery services we feel happy to recommend.
The Green Mountain Coffee Café EXPRESS Coffee Club
Green Mountain Coffee not only roasts a great selection of coffees, organic and fair trade included, but also offers their coffee as whole beans, ground coffee or in K-Cups.
As a member of Café EXPRESS, you can select your favorite coffees, and choose how you want them (whole beans, ground etc).
Here are the benefits listed for the Café EXPRESS coffee Club:
- Special Member Discounts: $2 off every box of K-Cups & 5% off all other items.
- Free Gifts: Choose from 2 boxes of K-Cups, 3 bags of coffee, or other great gifts--just for signing up. You can look forward to more FREE gifts and coffee samples throughout the year.
- Flexible, automatic coffee delivery: Choose every 1 to 12 weeks, based on your needs. You can change your order as often as you like.
- Special member promotions
- FREE Earth-Friendly filters
Find out more about Green Mountain Coffee's Cafe EXPRESS here...
Peet’s Coffee & Tea Peetniks Coffee Club
Peet’s has been around for a very long time, even before Starbucks. They have an excellent reputation for roasting quality coffees.
The basics of their coffee club are similar to those of Green Mountain Coffee.
Here’s what they say about the Peetniks club:
- A phone number of their own: Peetniks can call 1-888-PEETNIKS to manage their recurring order deliveries.
- An early roast of special seasonal blends: Peetniks may order and receive our seasonal offerings before they hit our stores.
- 15% instant shipping discount: Peetniks automatically get 15% off shipping on every recurring delivery shipment.
- Surprise gifts: We will include coffee and tea gifts, as well as other surprises, in recurring delivery shipments throughout the year.
- Entry into Sweepstakes for weekend in the Bay Area: One winner and a guest will win an all-expenses paid weekend trip to our Roasting Plant in the Bay Area.
- Ability to manage your order online: Peetniks have access to our Manage Deliveries tool to make any necessary changes to their order right online.
Find out more about Peet’s Peetniks Club here...