Can you tell me how to make iced coffee?
by Joyce B.
How to make iced coffee
I tried making iced coffee, but must be getting it wrong. It just tastes weak and unpleasant. Any tips?
You shouldn’t go too far wrong if you follow these steps.
1. Brew a pot of strong coffee.
2. If you want your iced coffee sweetened, add sugar while the coffee is still hot. It’s harder to get the sugar to dissolve once the coffee is cold.
3. Let the coffee cool overnight, or in the fridge.
4. Add ice cubes to a tall glass and pour the cold coffee over the ice. Add cream if you want to.
5. Add flavored syrups if you want to try some different flavors.
It’s not too complicated. Just be sure to brew the coffee nice and strong, and don’t pour over the ice until the coffee is cold. Hot coffee on ice just melts the ice and leaves you with a weak, yukky brew.
Also, put the ice in the glass just before pouring. Again, if you add the ice to the pot of coffee, it will dilute the entire brew as it melts.
So...make strong coffee...let it cool...then add the ice to each glass before adding coffee from the pot.
If anyone has some killer iced coffee recipes of their own, share them with us by adding a comment below.
More on iced coffee...